‘In chronic patients, there are more acute phases, more ups and downs.’ ‘The council was branded heartless at the time because Kay suffers from spina bifida and Pearson is a chronic asthmatic.’ ‘I was a chronic patient with a ten-year history of back pain.’
Definition of Chronic disease
Chronic disease: A disease that persists for a long time. A chronic disease is one lasting 3 months or more, by the definition of the U.S. National Center for Health Statistics. Chronic diseases generally cannot be prevented by vaccines or cured by medication, nor do they just disappear.
What is chronic pain
Chronic pain is a condition in its own right because of the changes in the nervous system unrelated to the original diagnosis or injury, if there was one. Medical scientists are able to map pain centres in the brain using brain imaging, bringing hope to the many Australians who have not had their pain properly believed, assessed or treated in the past.
Chronic Sleep Deprivation: Definition, Symptoms, Traits, …
Chronic sleep deprivation is defined as insufficient sleep or experiencing sleeplessness over an extended period of time. Learn more about chronic sleep deprivation, including causes and treatments. Life stress (e.g., marital, financial) Working conditions (e.g
Chronic sinusitis Signs and symptoms may include nasal obstruction or congestion that causes difficulty breathing through your nose, and pain and swelling around your eyes, cheeks, nose or forehead. This common condition interferes with the way mucus normally drains, and makes your nose stuffy.
What is a Chronic Injury
If they’re not treated promptly, they can cause a lifetime of pain, inflammation, and overall discomfort. Patients who participate in certain sports or exercises may be a risk of developing a chronic injury. Additionally, patients who overuse a particular body part may be in danger of developing chronic pain in the future. If that’s the case, it’s important for the patient to minimize the
Chronic Cough Defined
AAAAI experts explain chronic cough as cough that is present for eight weeks or more. Cough is usually described as chronic if it is present for eight weeks or more. The most common causes of chronic cough are postnasal drainage, asthma and gastroesophageal
Managing chronic depression
Because chronic depression lasts longer and tends to be more severe than episodic depression, treatment is more intensive. Relapse is also a challenge. About half of patients with chronic depression who respond to treatment (whether with antidepressants, psychotherapy, or a combination of the two) will suffer a relapse within one to two years if they stop treatment.
Chronic Pancreatitis: Causes, Symptoms, & Treatment
· Chronic pancreatitis can lead to permanent scarring and damage. Calcium stones and cysts may develop in your pancreas, which can block the duct, or …
Chronic Child Neglect
· PDF 檔案Chronic Child Neglect Chronic child neglect occurs when a caregiver repeatedly fails to meet a child’s basic physical, developmental, and/or emotional needs over time, establishing a pattern of harmful conditions that can have long-term negative consequences for
4 Define chronic give some examples Chronic is periods …
4. Define chronic, give some examples. Chronic is periods of signs and symptoms where the disease is less pronounced or disappears and returns later. An example is COPD, cancer, and diabetes. 5. What is a sign? Give 2 examples. Sign are seen by others but
What is Chronic Pain?
However, there are other chronic pain conditions that may not be as common or well known. They include conditions related to nerve pain, pelvic pain, abdominal pain, facial pain and persistent post-surgical pain. Acute pain can transition into chronic pain if it is
· Chronic bronchitis is a type of COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease). COPD is a group of lung diseases that make it hard to breathe and get worse over time. The other main type of COPD is emphysema. Most people with COPD have both emphysema
Chronic Cough: Causes, Diagnosis & Treatment
Chronic cough is one that lasts longer than eight weeks in an adult and four weeks in a child. If coughing is having a negative impact on your life, contact your healthcare provider to find a cause. Finding a cause will let you find a treatment, so you can go back to sleeping, eating, moving and feeling well.
Chronic Anxiety: Managing Chronic Anxiety …
Professionals define chronic anxiety as Generalized Anxiety Disorder, which is an anxiety disorder that is characterized by excessive anxiety and worry about a variety of topics (such as work, school, family, and health). These anxious feelings must arise more
Ophthalmology 072 c Chronic Conjunctivitis Define …
Playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKKWBex6QaMCN62fbW4SmSZp1uU67MBtx#chronic #conjunctivitis
About chronic illness A chronic or long-term illness means having to adjust to the demands of the illness and the therapy used to treat the condition. There may be additional stresses, since chronic illness might change the way you live, see yourself and relate to
Chronic Daily Headache
· A patient who has headaches as many days as not — at least 15 days per month — is said to have chronic daily headache (CDH). Not a specific type of headache, CDH is rather a descriptive term applied to any number of headache types. Headaches that can occur on a …